How to Add a Contact to Directory on Polycom VVX 501
Having a full directory of contacts is not only pleasing to the eye, but it's also incredibly useful for business, making everyday interactions efficient and effortless.
Here's how to add a contact to your directory on a Polycom VVX 501 IP phone:
- Tap the "Directories" button on your phone's display.
- Tap the plus-sign button at the top of the display.
- Select the type of information you want to save.
- Note: "Contact" is where you add the phone number.
- Tap the keyboard button at the top of the screen.
- Enter the information.
- Tap the checkmark button.
Follow steps 3-6 for whatever pieces of information you want to add. When you're done, tap the "Save" button in the bottom left corner, and you're good to go!
By tapping the "Encoding" button at the bottom of the display, you can choose if you want the information you enter to be in all capital letters, all lowercase letters, or starting with a capital then in lowercase (ABC vs abc vs Abc). Likewise, if you need to add a contact in a different script (e.g. Cyrillic), the options are located under encoding.
There are a lot of potential pieces of information that you can save, including personalized ring tones, automatic call direction, and more.